Hi, I’m Jeff. From 1984, forever Newcastle upon Tyne.
Currently working in search marketing for a leading Newcastle agency, having did a creative/multimedia degree at Northumbria University, then seven years in various things across social media, digital marketing, web and software development/management.
I own a leading Newcastle food blog. Have a gander.
I'm pretty busy at the minute, but might be available for short-hours freelance work within digital marketing, social media consultancy or similar - get in touch if this is how you found me!
What else am I up to? You'll find that out best by visiting one of my social media profiles above, but generally: driving my MINI Cooper S, random sports I do - bouldering at Climb Newcastle and running various races, summery wine nights, picnics, days out/road trips, NUFC, Apple, curry and cups of tea.
Currently playing: Mario Kart 8. Start a game with me on any iPhone game @ jefflyall94 or jefflyall94 at mac dot com for gamecentre.Currently watching: Masters of Sex S2. Listening to: the eclectic work radio mix. Pretty happy at the moment.
“What is my objective?”
I'm very happy in my current role, but further down the line, I would love to move into more senior positions in high-quality digital marketing agencies or departments.
“Where have I previously worked?”
Search Marketing Consultant at Silverbean
Leading digital marketing agency in Newcastle[show details]
May 2012—Mar 2014
Digital Marketing Consultant at Northgate Systems
IT & full-service agency in Stanhope, County Durham[show details]
Role: digital marketing & website consultancy for a range of B2B clients. Main duties:
- In-depth SEO analysis using Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools. Full website reviews and re-developments, and e-commerce conversion rate optimisation.
- Management of PPC campaigns with budgets of >£1million per annum on both Google and Bing.
- Social media implementation and management. Corporate blogging and guest blogging management.
- E-mail marketing - design, execution and evaluation for 100,000+ strong lists.
- Writing client proposals for work and managing their expectations. Regular meetings with customers to re-asses strategy and maintain good working relationships.
- Some web development when necessary (HTML5/CSS3).
- Digital project management typically for medium scale projects.
Digital Marketing Manager at Unique Magazines
Magazine distribution agency in Benton, Newcastle[show details]
Digital marketing strategy, planning, implementation and evaluation for a large e-commerce based website. Managed one apprentice. Daily duties included:
- Full digital and print marketing planning from ideas stage through to post-evaluation. Both seasonal campaigns and weekly offers/promotions.
- Design, send, and report on e-mail marketing to 50,000+ customers.
- Social media management/campaigns. Implementation of a guest blogging network.
- Production of digital assets, website banners, promotional packs, etc.
- Monitoring, execution, reporting on website analytics, SEO development, PPC management, affiliates, marketing campaigns.
- CMS e-commerce website review (conversion rate optimisation), and copywriting/updating product information, general website management.
Social Media Consultant at TVV Productions
Video production company in Newcastle upon Tyne[show details]
Implemented a social media strategy. Focussed on Facebook and Twitter usage, with others. Performed training on how to use said platforms.
Head of Police Software at CHI (UK) Ltd.
Software company in Wallsend, Newcastle[show details]
Managed six special police operations database applications. Varied role which give me a multi-faceted skill set and plenty experience of getting “hands-on” in a real world small business. Daily duties included:
- Digital/e-mail/print marketing from creative to delivery. Creation of user manuals, adverts. Copywriting/PR and writing blog posts.
- Social media, updating website content, monitoring and improving SEO.
- Maintaining, liaising with, and improving customer relationships via technical support and implementation of a bespoke CRM system.
- Pitching/sales to senior staff in UK police forces, some private industry, and at international trade exhibitions. Solely generated ~£80k in sales.
- Implementation of software/hardware on customer site. Collaboration with local IT teams to overcome various IT obstacles. Software used by 75% of UK police forces.
- General office administration. Flight booking/diary management/office supplies etc. at maximum cost efficiency. Delegation of tasks to other staff.
Worked with: 10 UK Police forces | Procter & Gamble |
“What else have I done?”
Owner/blogger at Newcastle Eats (2011-)
Leading regional food blog developed and written entirely by myself. Features restaurant reviews, local food news and events. Social media accounts with decent followings. runner-up in "Best Food & Drink Blog" at Blog North 2013.
Social Media at Hotel Chocolat (2008-2009)
Set up and managed Facebook account, creating regular engaging content for 10,000+ users.
Digital Asset Development for Oxfam GB (2002-)
Voluntary ad-hoc position creating flyers, signage and digital assets for Oxfam GB.
“Where did I study?”
2005—2008: BSc. Digital Multimedia Technologies (Hons.)
2000—2003: A-level ICT, Physics, Chemistry. AS-level Psychology & NVQ3 AutoCAD
1995—2000: Nine GCSE awards at grade A-C including Maths & English at grade A.
despite hating the word, a definite "foodie" / love the Newcastle area / bouldering / tough mudder / social media / hiking and picnics in Northumberland / playing golf (badly) / minimalism / anything Apple or tech-related / live music / seeing the world.